Saturday, June 20, 2009

Arts Fest Beverly - June 20, 2009


I spent most of the day today hanging out on Cabot Street in Beverly, Massachusetts, during Arts Fest Beverly. The weather turned out to be perfect (despite forecasted rain) and what a great crowd of people! Everyone was super friendly and also very encouraging. I received tremendous compliments on my work as well as several suggestions of beaches to visit where I might find seaglass.

I imagine Arts Fest Beverly is what Portsmouth's Market Square Day used to be like before it got too big. Market Square Day in recent years has become much too commercialized and too crowded to be enjoyable (in my opinion), whereas Arts Fest Beverly still has that quaint hometown feeling about it. I hope to participate again next summer!

No comments: