Sunday, September 12, 2010

Custom Cufflinks - Men's Jewelry


I recently had the opportunity to make custom cufflinks for the first time. This was exciting for three reasons:

  1. I always love the challenge of making something new.
  2. Making a gift for a man for a change was great! Almost all of the jewelry I make is for women, and coming up with ideas for men is usually a daunting task.
  3. This was a very meaningful gift, and I was thrilled to be able to make it happen. Allow me to explain...
My client and her husband had vacationed in Newfoundland. It was a memorable adventure involving challenging physical feats, and they both agreed it was a vacation they would never forget. Along they way, they had collected some interesting green stones as souvenirs.

Rocks from Newfoundland
Cut to a couple of months ago, and she needed a birthday present for him. What a great idea to turn those souvenirs into a meaningful gift! I was more than happy to help out.

Custom sterling silver settings
Cufflinks in action
Custom gifts are so thoughtful and I am always happy to help. If you have a great idea (or even just a really cool rock or two), I'd love to chat!

No comments: