Saturday, November 3, 2012

**Sandy Sale Update**

For those of you who have been keeping up with my blog, you know I donate a portion of my proceeds from sales to a local non-profit each quarter. You also know I have an awesome dog named Sandy. You also know that Sandy was excited for her namesake storm last week (since everyone kept saying her name all the time).

Well, now Hurricane Sandy has come and gone and left complete and utter destruction in its wake. Many places near my hometown in New Jersey are devastated beyond belief. Thankfully, all my friends and family are out of harm's way, but the road to recovery and rebuilding will be a very long one.

As a result, beagle Sandy and I have decided to turn her hurricane sale into a hurricane relief fund.

All proceeds from pet ID tags sold on my Etsy site through the end of the year will be donated to organizations on the ground in New York and New Jersey including the American Red Cross and the Humane Society's Disaster Relief Fund (to help pets lost or displaced from the storm). 

I typically choose a local non-profit each quarter for my donations, but this devastation is very near and dear to my heart, "local" is a relative term, and this is where our help is needed most. Beagle Sandy and I thank you for your support, as always.

No comments: