Saturday, June 8, 2013

Globetrotting - Clitheroe, Lancashire, England

Thanks to the magic of the Internet, I often receive orders from around the globe. Wanderlust-afflicted as I am, if an order comes in from a place I am unfamiliar with, I look it up to see where it is located and to learn about its history, what its people do for fun, what its buildings look like, etc.

Today's global exploration takes us to one of the most darling towns I've seen: Clitheroe in Lancashire, England.



According to Wikipedia:

Clitheroe /ˈklɪðɨr/ is a town and civil parish in the Borough of Ribble Valley in Lancashire, England. It is near the Forest of Bowland and is often used as a base for tourists in the area. It has a population of 14,697. The most notable building in the town is Clitheroe Castle, suggested to be one of the smallest Norman keeps in the country. 

The town's earliest existing charter is from 1283! How cool is that?! I'm so excited to have received an order from this little town so I could learn of its existence. And if all goes to plan, perhaps I'll visit someday.

Where in the world is Clitheroe?

Have you been to Clitheroe? If so, leave a comment and let me know what I shouldn't miss when I visit!


No comments: