Monday, September 9, 2013

Custom Wedding Band for the Groom

My dear friend Meredith was married over the weekend, and I was extremely flattered when she asked me to create a Lofted Designs original for her groom's wedding band.

sterling silver wedding band-lofteddesigns

Her engagement ring contains a hidden heart in the setting just below the diamond, and she requested that a hidden heart be incorporated into his ring as well.

Bride's ring with secret heart in setting
I started by creating a 6mm wide band using 19 gauge sterling silver sheet metal. The bride came up with a simple inscription using their initials that incorporated the secret heart. The groom isn't particularly flashy and wanted a ring that wouldn't be too shiny, so I completed the band with a matte, brushed finish.


sterling silver wedding band

The ring fit perfectly on the first try (amazing!) and they were wed on September 7th, 2013 on Martha's Vineyard. Wishing Meredith and Winter Anderson a lifetime of happiness!

Photo courtesy of Kristen Shull (friend of the bride)


Looking for a custom wedding band? I love working with couples to create truly unique wedding jewelry. Contact me to learn more.



No comments: