Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Fiddlehead Ferns




I recently curated a treasury on Etsy devoted to my second favorite vegetable: the fiddlehead fern (my absolute favorite vegetable is the beet, for those of you who are new here).

Fiddlehead ferns are in season for a very short window each spring, and their rarity on supermarket shelves makes me covet them all the more. An elusive delicacy of early spring, they taste like a cross between asparagus and bitter greens (think broccoli rabe) with an earthiness unlike any other vegetable I've tasted.


This treasury includes knits, jewelry, men's accessories, photographs, soaps, textiles and more. It's great to see so many other people inspired by this amazing veggie! Please take a look and share with your friends.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Thanks for including me in your treasury! I've also heard fiddleheads described as a cross between "corn, grass and dirt". Presumably that combo is better than it sounds. :)